Areas of Expertise: Crime
Education: LLB (Hons)
Memberships: Criminal Bar Association, Member of Forensic Science Society (1996), Member of the British Academy of Forensic Science (1966), Liberty, Justice
Simon Christie has considerable experience defending and prosecuting crime at all levels.
Notable cases of the last few years have included:
(1) Defending one of the largest trading standards ever undertaken in North Wales involving g multi million pound time share fraud;
(2) Defending at Preston Crown court a case of attempted murder of a police officer and associated multiple armed robberies;
(3) Defending a court clerk in one of the largest cases of misconduct in public office ever dealt with in the North West;
(4) Defending a care worker with learning difficulties against an allegation of the rape of a pensioner with dementia;
(5) Prosecuting the largest operation ever undertaken by the Security Industry Authority of unlicensed security operatives;
(6) Prosecuted at Preston Crown court the defendants Williams and Walsh in the Helmshore murder case.
Mr Christie has extensive experience of dealing with defendants who have mental health issues. He is more than happy to become involved at an early stage in proceedings and often gives pre charge advice.